Robyn Miller has a background in psychology, psycho-analysis, and, family therapy and has offered psychotherapy, psycho-dynamic facilitation and family therapy to individuals (adults, adolescents and children); to families; and, to couples, in her private practice for the past 20 years.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Robyn Miller's qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Social Science in Family Therapy Swinburne University
- Mental Health Practitioner training Canberra University
- Robyn knows psycho-analysis through theory and personal experience, having undergone a psycho-analysis with an internationally recognised psychiatrist/psychoanalyst, who is a full member of the International Psychoanalytical Society
- Robyn has trained in psychoanalytic therapy with a psychoanalyst, who was a full member of the International Psychoanalytical Society. After training she was supervised by two psychoanalysts, both of whom were full members of the International Psychoanalytical Society..
- Robyn has trained in group facilitation with a founding member of The Australian Association of Group Psychotherapists
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia Mental Health Practitioner
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia Accredited Supervisor.
- Clinical Member of Australian Association of Family Therapy
- Australian Association of Family Therapy Accredited Supervisor
- Robyn has trained in child-centred, non-directive Play Therapy
Robyn’s relevant experiences are:
- Provided telephone crisis counselling for many years
- Provided group and telephone counselling to mothers on breastfeeding and care of babies and toddlers for nine years
- Worked in a community setting providing counselling to men, women and children who had experienced family violence and abusive relationships
- Has provided psychotherapy and family therapy in her private practice for 20 years
- Has facilitated and taught a Mindfulness-based group since 2008
- Has had many and varied life experiences to inform her therapeutic practice.
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION PRACTITIONER
Robyn has practised mindfulness meditation for many years. She was trained and intensively supervised by Bob Sharples, Clinical Psychologist, to lead groups in mindfulness-based programmes, such as Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR).
Robyn has facilitated many groups in:
- Parenting, and is qualified to facilitate ‘Tuning into Kids’ programmes.
- Psycho-education groups for women who have experienced abuse in their relationships.
- Ongoing fortnightly group for MBCT and MBSR programme participants to continue the practices.
- Clinical Member of Australian Association of Family Therapy (AAFT)
- Clinical Member Registrant of Psychotherapy And Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA).
- Clinical Member Registrant on Australian Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (ARCAP)
Robyn Miller is an internationally qualified Company Secretary and is a full member of:
- Governance Institute of Australia AGIA
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries ACIS
- Chartered Secretaries Australia ACSA
- Institute of Chartered Managers, Secretaries and Administrators ACIM
Robyn has had a particular interest in the corporate governance of the not-for-profit sector.
BUSINESS CONSULTANCY AND COACHING
Robyn has worked in the not-for-profit sector for more than twenty years and has offered business consultancy and executive coaching to small business for many years. She has worked in the chartered and public accountant sector, as well as in independent schools and university residential colleges.